Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: Did I really just read

  1. #1
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Did I really just read

    That the Dow fell 500 points today?
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Did I really just read


  3. #3
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Did I really just read

    $4 dollar a gallon gas and now the worst one day loss since the reopening of the markets after 9-11. How anybody can say our economy is not that bad is living in a dream world imo.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Did I really just read

    If I had stock in Lehman I'd be throwing a fit today. Feds can go bail out Freddie and Fanny but say the hell with Lehman? Days like today make me think my money is better off rolled up in a sock.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Did I really just read

    It closed down, over 500 points. And oil closed at just a little over 94 bucks a barrel and we are paying more now for gas than we did when it was 147 a barrel.....GO FIGURE!!

  6. #6
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Did I really just read

    Which is why I have driven absolutely no where since Saturday. It's bad when you see somebody my size walking around.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Did I really just read

    Bush-a-nomics.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Did I really just read

    Well, you know it is bad if you see me "hobbling" around. I expect to do some of that soon, if the price of things don't start taking a drop sometime.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Did I really just read

    Can't blame just Bush on this, it has to be all of congress.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Did I really just read

    It's about a 2 mile walk from my apartment to campus, wasn't that bad today especially since someone saw me and picked me up on my walk back. haha Seriously though, I'll probably start walking to campus and back 2-3 times a week, and going out less. They build up this big scare about the oil refineries, well the impact was less than expected, why are you charing us 4.09 (price of gas about 1/2 mile from here) per gallon? Lots of ramifications from this whole ordeal both economically and politically. I'm curious to see how long it takes the Obama people to jump all over this situation.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •